Thursday, January 31, 2008

The One About The Axis Of Evil

INT.  TODDS THE BARBERS.  DAY.
Picking up on The One About The Boiler.  SIMON framed in the mirror, his hair wet, as MACKENZIE cuts away.

MACKENZIE
He rang me up the other day.  He said, 'Have 
you got a minute?'  I sort of didn't, but I've
known him since I was 16, and I know that
on occasion you have to hear him out. He
says, 'Bush is going to bomb Iran.'  I said,
'Oh, right.  Why's that then?'  He said, 'Don't
worry about that, that's not the point.'  The
idea that the future of civilisation might be
beside the point is ..  Anyway.  He says, 'The
point is the price of oil is going through the
roof.'  'Oh,' I say.  He says, 'I've looked in
Loot and you can get a tank that holds
10,000 litres for 45 quid.' 

SIMON
Uh?

MACKENZIE
'Obviously,' he says, 'I can't keep it in the
garage 'cos it's too big.  But I've got a mate
who owns a farm can keep it at his.  Fill it
up with red diesel 'til it's all over.'

SIMON
(After a moment)  What's red diesel?

MACKENZIE
It's what farmers use.  It's cheaper 'cos you
don't have to pay VAT.

SIMON
That bloke's a lunatic.  Ayotollah-Jihadi
what's-his-chops, the President, says
the Holocaust was all made up.  Zionist
conspiracy.  (A moment)  What's his name?
(A moment)  So what was he going to do
with it, sell it?'

MACKENZIE
Oh no, it was for his own personal use.
Cheap supply of fuel, 'til it's all over.' 

SIMON
(Trying to remember the President's
name)  Ahmenijad, or something.

MACKENZIE
No, he wasn't going to sell it.

No comments: